CALTEX Delo® ELC Antifreeze/Coolant
Delo® ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are single phase, ethylene glycol based products available in various dilutions that are based on patented aliphatic carboxylate corrosion inhibitor technology specifically formulated for heavy duty cooling system applications that require nitrite.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer's recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer's maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products deliver value through:
- Managing costs — Helps eliminate the cost of using SCAs (supplemental coolant additives), regular testing and the manpower required to perform these tasks effectively eliminating those costs when compared to conventional or fully formulated coolants.
- Long Service Life — 1,250,000 Kilometers of on-road use (8 Years or 15,000 hours of off-road use) or 1,600,000 kilometers/20,000hours/8 years with Delo Extender addition at 800,000 kilometers/10,000 hours/4 years.
- Optimal cooling system operation — The silicate free formula improves heat transfer when compared to silicate containing formulations. Silicates deposits can reduce heat transfer and increase downtime due to over-heating.
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are heavy duty engine coolants that use a patented organic corrosion inhibitor technology called aliphatic carboxylates. Delo ELC is free of nitrates, borates, silicates, phosphates and amines. These products contain nitrites and molybdates for additional cylinder liner protection.
Delo ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products are recommended for use in a wide variety of cooling system applications including on-road, off-road and stationary engine applications. These products are also recommended in mix fleet applications where heavy duty and light duty trucks are present. Please check your OEMs coolant recommendations.
Recommended applications for Delo® ELC Antifreeze/Coolant products:
- Heavy duty engines regardless of fuel type or environmental controls being used where the OEM recommends a silicate free, extended life coolant that contains nitrites
- Mixed fleets where both light duty and heavy duty trucks are present